Free PDF Books
- Zenith Television Receiver Operating Manual
- An Expository Outline of the ''Vestiges of the Natural History of Creation''
- An Old Babylonian Version of the Gilgamesh Epic
- Ancient Poems, Ballads and Songs of England
- A Dialogue Between Dean Swift and Tho. Prior, Esq
- Arthur Hamilton, and His Dog
- De Koran
- Amusing Trial in Which a Yankee Lawyer Renders a Just Verdict
- Little Alice's Palace
Their Work and Influence
Excerpt: ome, by his bedside. There was a sudden silence, the boys were astonished. Then some began to bully and try and stop him; others stood up for him. But the battle was won. The better minded boys saw what cowards they had been to give up what they knew was right for fear of chaff--one by one they gradually followed his example, and before that lad left school it was the rule and not the exception for the boys to say their prayers.
Fasting. People understand feasts and are ready enough to keep them, but fasting is quite another matter. Feasts should be kept, and the more the great festivals are recognized the better. Fasting, however, is quite as necessary. Appointed times in which to remember more particularly Christ's suffering for us, to deny ourselves lawful pleasures, and to make us think more of our sins and how to conquer them. They keep us from getting careless, and letting our religion become a sort of Sunday clothes, to be put on at certain times, but to have no real effect upon our dai